Tuesday, March 25, 2008

My Passion

No, you don't understand. I need this. I need it. More than anything else in the world. More than family, more than friends, more than a social life. I know you don't get it. I really can't explain it. I tried to escape it too. More than once. It didn't work. This thing has me held captured and it's not letting go. So, it just has to be this way. I have to move on. You have to let me. You can't hold me back, or try to stop me. You will be unsuccessful anyways. I know that I am not good enough yet. Yet. Just give me time. Give me the training. Give me the time and patients. I want to learn. I want to be the best. I want to just soak everything in. I have too. For me. For my happiness and fullfillness. You may be happy living in this small town, living this simple life. But I'm not. I need more. I need those bright lights and tall buildings. I need that fast, crazy life. I don't want to stop. I get bored. I don't like just sitting around waiting, dreaming. I've done that for eighteen years now, so it's time for me to do something. You'll see. I will surprise you. I will make you wish you never doubted me. Because I am not going down without a fight. You may think your words can discourage me and make me turn back, but how silly you are. They are, after all, just words. Words won't hurt me. They can't. Not if I want to travel down this road. So, remember that, everyone. Words cannot hurt me. If you call me untalented, or self- centered or not driven enough. I don't care. Call me what you want, say what you want. It's just your opinion. That I don't care about. Honestly, at this point in my life, it's gonna take a lot more than just words to make me turn back. This is the road I have chosen to travel on years ago. I chose it because of all the times I've been hurt, and all the people who hurt me, this is what always comforted me. Always. It made me smile. And it still does. It's my escape from this cruel world. It's my escape from you. My escape from my fears and doubts and worries and stressful days. It's my everything. It was there for me when you weren't. It cared when you didn't. There are no words, no possible way for me to describe my true love for it. My appreciation for it. No way. All I can say is that it is my everything. My first love. My first hate. My first passion. My first doubt. I don't know what I would do without it. I don't know where I would be without it. You see, while you were playing with your friends and dating forgettable guys, I was realizing my passion. I never just forgot about it. I never betrayed it, as I know it will never betray me. While you were being a child, acting immature, I grew up. I never really knew how to just act my age. I still don't. I don't regret it, though. I had a great time dreaming, yearning, believing. You may need other people to keep you happy. I need this to keep me happy. And it did. It does. So, if in five years, ten years down the road your life isn't what you hoped it was because you didn't have a plan. Because you were too busy doing other things to find your passion. Or because you were just too lazy to work towards your dream. Think of me. Because I will be happy. I will be where I want to be. I will be living my dream. Why? Because I grew up. Because I was willing to work. And if you think this is harsh, I feel bad for you. This isn't high school anymore. Welcome to the world. The real world. You know, where adults live and work? Yea, it's a dog eat dog, cut throat world. So, embrace it. Work your butt off. Have fun. Find your place in life. Find that one thing you need and can't live without. But just remember my name: Christy Jo Walk. My passion: Musical theatre. And my destination: Broadway. Why? So you'll always know where to find me.

No comments: